The manual of the induction cooker will remind you that you must use specific induction cookware. But why does an induction hob need specific cookware? It may be difficult for you to find specific answers in the book.
After you finish reading this article, you will get what kind of cookware is for induction cooker? The answer to the type of cookware is a significant reminder from Lestov, who has seventeen years of experience in the production of induction kitchen equipment.
After turning on the induction hob, the heating element accessories begin to react. Followed by the wire reel and the panel, and then the pot. The heat is releasing from the diameter of the bottom of the cooker. The heating process does not take much time.
Induction cooktop utensils are a Pivotal factor that directly determines the effective release of magnetic energy. Therefore, they are magnetic materials.
The speed of the magnetic reaction occurs almost instantaneously, and you can easily discern whether you have chosen suitable induction cookware.
The pots and pans of electromagnetic kitchen equipment are magnetic materials, such as iron, enamel, stainless steel, etc. Non-magnetic aluminum, copper, ceramics glass can’t for use on induction cookers.
- Ferromagnetic metals are not the only materials that can use alternating magnetic fields to make induction kitchen equipment. With the advantages of magnetic permeability and eddy current, iron metal can generate enough heat to cook food. That will reflect in the small amount of energy used.
- Aluminum pots and copper pots do not have enough functions for magnetic reaction, and the small amount of heat generated by the internal eddy current is not enough to complete cooking.
- Non-magnetic cookware, such as ceramics and glass, cannot react with the alternating magnetic field and is rejected for use in the range of induction cookware.In terms of high-temperature resistance and thermal conductivity, ceramics and glass are not the best choices. After reaching the maximum temperature withstand point, it is easy to explode.
Stainless steel cookware
In a high-temperature environment, the heat load and induced eddy current generated by the stainless steel cookware and the induction cooker through the alternating magnetic field cooperate to promote the rapid conversion of heat, avoid the leakage of magnetic energy and reduce the electromagnetic radiation staying on the human body.
Not all stainless steel cookware can generate an alternating magnetic field with an induction cooker.
- Stainless steel is divide into magnetic martensitic materials, such as 430, 420, 410, etc. Induction kitchen equipment can directly release heat to the stainless steel frying pan.
- Non-magnetic austenite such as 304, 216, 201. other materials transformed into magnetic martensite through cold working.
When buying stainless steel cookware, please consult the customer service/shopping guide for all the product information, will not be a redundant action.
Please do not place stainless steel cookware in an acidic, alkaline，or high salinity environment for a long-time, if you do not want to see the bad condition of the cookware be rust.
What is the difference between the more common 304 and 201 stainless steel cookware in the market?
Compared with 201 stainless steel cookware, which is prone to rust reaction in a humid and high salt environment, 304 stainless steel kitchenware is more excellent in stability, toughness，thermal conductivity.
That is because 304 material contains more nickel (chemical elements that resist corrosion and rust) than 201 material, and it is using in food, construction, ships，and other products.
- Iron is the ideal material for a wok. Even if the iron element penetrates the food, it is regarded to replenish the iron needed by the human body.
- The iron skillet is constructed entirely of hard pig iron, with the thickened bottom of the cookware and the thin wall around it, to achieve the effect of high-temperature durability and rapid heating.
- The maintenance of an iron skillet needs to refuse the stay of watermarks, which is a material that reacts with water to rust. Almost all ingredients cannot be stored in an iron pan
If you want to use an aluminum pan on the induction cooker, you need to add stainless steel backing to the outer layer, which is a necessary step to generate a magnetic field.
You will hardly feel the excessive weight of the aluminum pan, which is the lightest material of all cookware.
That will have a good effect on rapid heating, but you cannot prevent it from deforming at high temperatures.
If you see induction kitchen equipment made of enamel on the market, please be vigilant. You will not want to add toxic substances to the kitchen.
The enamel material is composed of toxic aluminum silicate. During the frying process, the aluminum silicate falls off and merges with the food. Excessive consumption can cause poisoning.
The nonstick pan is cookware with a Teflon nonstick coating on the surface of the aluminum pan. Even if the steak is cooking in a non-oil/less oil state, the ingredients will not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Teflon coating is a chemically inert material that is difficult to react to, it only undertakes the function of heat conduction and will not add gelatinization or burnt decoration to the food.
Only when the temperature exceeds 260-350 degrees, the Teflon coating will be active between the ingredients and decompose the harmful gas fluorophosgene, which will harm your skin and respiratory tract.
As mentioned above, although the Teflon coating is a chemically inert material, the pouring of cold water at high temperatures and scratches from shovels and knives can also stimulate the Teflon coating to release toxic substances.
- Compared with kitchen utensils made of bricks, slates, iron，and other materials, induction kitchen equipment has certain restrictions in bearing weight.
- According to the weight-bearing range of different types of products, cook the right amount of food.
- Outside the load-bearing range, a support frame needs to be added to bear the excess weight.
- The induction cooker heating device should try to choose a pan (matching the range of the heating panel), the heat energy covers the cooking area, and the heat energy generated is fully used for cooking.
- When cooking, the completely sealed upper lid will gradually increase the air pressure in the furnace, exceeding the pressure of the pot to carry the load, and the food will splash upwards in the boiling state, causing the cookware to deform and the panel to fail and other hazards.
- Induction cookware is not suitable for pressure cookers and other pots that use air pressure to cook food in a short time.
- As mentioned above, the continuous increase of air pressure in a closed environment is equivalent to pressing the trigger button of an explosion.
- Any completely enclosed cooking utensils cannot be heated by an induction cooker, canned food, luncheon meat, beverages, are within the prohibited scope.
- The induction hob is equipped with automatic detection and high-temperature protection functions for the safety cooker and stops the reaction when the appliance is non-magnetic, the temperature is too high.
- That is a friendly setting, but it cannot be completely relied upon. You need to periodically check whether the protection function is operating normally.
The pan is the most used cookware in the induction hob. Most induction cookers require the use of a pan (matching the contact area of the heating panel), which is the perfect choice for cooking utensils for frying and small frying.
Like the design of the working program of the internal components of the induction cooker, the heating diameter and vertical depth of the wok also depend on the specific induction cooker manufacturer.
That is the reason why the wok manufacturer will include a professional concave wok in the customer’s order.
The purpose is to prevent you from purchasing an additional wok that does not match and causing it to be unusable on the wok equipment.
Take Lestov’s desktop wok as an example, and the recommended wok is
700-800cm stainless steel pot
Stainless steel pot is suitable for any kind of burner. The food is fully burned by all the heat in the thickened bottom of the pot. With the double-ear handle fixed by the riveting process, you can perfectly control the cookware without feeling any heat.
400-1200cm stainless iron pan
The iron pan is made with fine iron in multiple processes, and you can release the heat energy from the bottom of the energy-gathering ring to the inside of the food.
The widened rim of the pot is in seamless contact with the lid, and there is no need to worry about food spills.
Adding iron trace elements to supplement the body’s iron needs is a healthier and more efficient cookware choice.
That is a must-have for a single apartment or novice parent. You can cook a person’s food without worrying about the excessive amount of dishes, especially for heating milk or cooking supplements.
Lestov hopes that this article can provide you with specific answers to the selection of induction cookware.
At the same time, we are happy to provide you with stainless steel pots, iron pots, and other cooking utensils. Welcome to comment below or browse the website https://leadstov.com/