Gas cooking generates indoor pollution and other impacts on health and safety. Additionally, the cost of a commercial kitchen hood system is accumulating. As a result, many restaurants and other hotel industries are slowly investing in and adopting commercial induction cookers. Moreover, many manufacturers are importing induction cookers and complete induction parts from China and offering domestic consumers compatible commercial kitchen equipment and promoting the induction cooker’s adoption rate.
As a experienced commercial induction manufacturer and exporter, I would recommend potential buyers to consider electric requirements and methods of wire connections before purchasing induction cookers.
Requirements of electric in commercial induction cooker:
Commercial kitchen investors need to be mindful of induction cookers’ power, current, electric phase, and connection setup.
Customers need to consider the circuit breaker’s size and standard based on induction output. Furthermore, the maximum output capacity cannot exceed connection capacity. It is a crucial process for the customer to enquire electric requirements from manufacturers.
IInduction cookers have a single and three-phase power supply. Based on different models of induction cookers, the cable from the device can have three or four or five wires. Some countries allow the neutral wire to be connected to the ground of the induction cooker, while some are prohibited. Customers can connect the wire through the junction box according to the domestic code. Please carefully follow the manufacturer’s instruction menu.
Wire Connection of Countertop Induction Cooker
Countertop induction cooktops made in China commonly use 220V. Moreover, customers need to play the right wiring connection and use safety switches due to high-power output (≥3500w). It is better to install the power connection by a professional electrician.
What do I need to know before installing an induction cooker?
Please carefully read through the instruction on electric requirements before installation.
Now, let us gather 4 tips of Lestov’s nameplate on wire connection:
- Please read the data on the nameplate carefully and confirm the live wire, neutral wire, and ground wire before connecting the power.
- Wire connections must be installed by an electrician. Additionally, the power cable should support the cooker’s current, secure power cable, tighten fix screw and select a reliable ground wire.
- When installing the power supply wires, use a U-shaped pressure piece to compact the cable to prevent accidents caused by looseness.
- Before connecting to the power grid, please make sure the device power passes through an external leakage protection switch with sufficient current capacity, and the leakage switch can be easily and independently disconnected. Make sure that the ground wire is fully touching the ground, not controlled by the switch.
Rated Power Output
Power Supply Requirements
Leakage Switch Requirements
|1KW||4.5A||Single phase 3 wires: 3×1.5mm²||32A|
|2KW||9.9A||Single phase 3 wires: 3×2.5mm²||32A|
|3.5KW||15.9A||Single phase 3 wires: 3×4mm²||32A|
|5KW||22.7A||Single phase 3 wires: 3×6mm²||60A|
|7||31.8A||Single phase 3 wires: 3×10mm²||60A|
|8.5||38.6A||Single phase 3 wires: 3×10mm²||80A|
|10||45.5A||Single phase 3 wires: 3×16mm²||80A|
How to install and connect the induction cooker?
Learning all requirements on the nameplate is an essential procedural before connecting. (Reminder: In international trade, tabletop induction cookers for export usually do not have a plug.)
- Locate the cable wire behind the cooker
- Connect the live wire (L: brown), neutral wire (N: blue) and ground wire (green and yellow) to their corresponding slots, and be “supervised” by the leakage protection switch.
- Tighten the screw to ensure all cables are fixed in place.
What happens if the wiring is wrong?
- You may hear a sound similar to a balloon explosion. The display of the induction cooker will turn black and will not work, what will happen at high voltages. You can disassemble the induction cooker and see if the varistor on the motherboard has burned out. The worst result is to repurchase the PCB motherboard.
- The LED display of the induction cooker will constantly flash the failure code 6. Because of the low voltage, the induction cooker enters a voltage protection program, which is one of the safety features. If you readjust the wiring sequence and keep the wiring connection correctly, the induction hob can work.
Compared to the product price and ease of use, usability is a prerequisite. Above all, there is no price for security. Therefore, for those who tend to buy induction equipment from China, electrical requirements need your careful inquiry, research, and preparation.
If you have any questions about the electrical requirements or installation process of the induction cooker, you can leave a message under this article or contact the Lestov commercial induction cooker manufacturer directly.