Some advanced cooking equipment (Chinese commercial wok cookers) from Asian manufacturers are entering Europe. It…
A commercial deep fryer which is also called a deep fat fryer has become a necessity in various culinary businesses. It helps commercial restaurants by reducing the preparation time for making french fries, chicken, fish, turkey, chips, etc. significantly.
Being used repeatedly almost every day, it is likely to get dirty. This becomes a problem for restaurants and bar owners as dirty deep fryer machines can spoil the original taste of delicacies. Not only that it also impacts the longevity of commercial fryers.
Commercial Deep Fryers play an important role in bringing proper taste and just the right texture to dishes. However, if they are not cleaned properly it can deplete the adequate crispiness. In order to ensure standard taste and quality of food, it is essential to keep your deep fat fryers clean and fryer maintenance for ultimate customer satisfaction.
Apart from the above benefits, cleaning this commercial-grade fryer can prevent large electricity consumption. With frequent use of fryers, walls, and coils become carbonized and it takes a longer time to heat up. Fryer cleaning can cut down your expenditures, conserve energy, and reduce cooking time.
Here in this post, we have mentioned an easy procedure to keep your induction commercial fryer clean.
Things needed for commercial induction deep fryer cleaning:
- Liquid Soap
- Oil pan drum
- Deep fryer cleaner
- Fryer clean-out rod
- Synthetic scrub pad
- Napkins/clean clothes/sponge
- Container for freshwater or water hose for washing
- Heat-resistant fryer gloves, safety eyewear, safety apron
- Commercial fryer cleaning brush with a long handle suited for higher deep fryer temperature.
Induction deep fat fryer cleaning tips -The best guidelines:
1) Internal cleaning of commercial induction deep fryer:
The first step of cleaning is called the deep fryer boil-out procedure. This step involves the removal of oil remnants, putting water and detergent, and then boiling water so that it can remove thick layers of greasy food from the inside of the commercial fryer. The boiling of the deep-fat fryer preserves the original flavor of the food. Layers of food sticking to the fryer can spoil the essence of oil, hamper the frying of food, and impact the overall taste of food.
Boiling out is required to maintain the quality of oil for a longer duration. If the oil is mixed with adulterants and proteins already present in the induction deep fat fryer it is likely to affect its quality. If this step is not performed, you will have to spend more money replacing oil on a frequent basis. If you regularize this boiling out step, there will be less food accumulation reducing the use of chemicals.
Carbonization of the commercial induction deep fryer’s heating element and the tank is common after repeated use. This step must be performed once a week. You can also refer to the manufacturer’s manual provided with your device. You can either follow the manufacturer’s guidelines or the simple steps given below:
- Step 1: Cooling of oil: Switch off the commercial induction fryer and allow the oil inside it to cool.
- Step 2: Removal of oil: After oil becomes cold, it must be removed from the commercial deep fat fryer and transferred to a vessel. Fry master Manuals.
- Step 3: Scraping off from inside – A cleaning rod or scraper is used to remove layers of oil and food sticking to the walls and fryer bottom.
- Step 4: Pouring water and detergent: Pour water inside the induction deep fat fryer up to the mark provided and mix the deep fryer cleaner with it.
- Step 5: Boil water: Switch on the fryer for 5-10 minutes to boil water mixed with cleaning liquid. This allows for the easy removal of layers of food sticking to the commercial deep fryer machine.
- Step 6: Cooling of water and removal: Switch off the device. Wait for the water to cool down completely. After the water cools down to room temperature, transfer it to a container.
- Step 7: Cleaning from inside: Use a dry sponge, clean piece of cloth, or a napkin to dry off the base and walls of the machine. In a small container add detergent in warm water. Remove oil and food particles left inside the commercial deep fat fryer with a smooth sponge or soft brush.
- Step 8: Washing the fryer: Wash the fryer from the inside to get rid of oil remnants and detergent solution. If there are remnants present, use water and baking soda to clean the bottom and walls of the commercial induction deep fryer. Once the remnants are removed, wash them once more.
2) External cleaning of commercial deep fryers:
Residues from the inside can get washed away to the external part of your commercial fat fryer. Use warm water and degreasing cleaner or vinegar to clean the external side of the commercial induction fryer once a day or once a week.
You can use a spray bottle to make your task simple. Put the cleansing liquid into a spray bottle and sprinkle the liquid on the external part of the commercial induction deep fryer. After that take a smooth sponge or washcloth and dry off the surface. Or as an alternate option you can use the four steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Use special detergent for cleaning external surfaces. This helps in cleaning all residues and carbonized food layers sticking to the surface.
- Step 2: Use a synthetic pad to scrape off the remaining grease.
- Step 3: Use a moist cloth to clean the surface and allow it to dry off.
- Step 4: Take a floor cleaner to clean up the induction fryer that has splashed into the surroundings.
How to maintain your commercial induction deep fryer?
Apart from boiling out and vigorous cleaning of surfaces, baskets, and parts of commercial deep fryers, there are a few things that need to be done to ensure the maintenance of commercial induction deep fryers. You need to check if there is any gas leakage once a month.
Spray a detergent solution through a gas-conducting hose and check for bubble formation. If you find bubbles, turn off the gas instantly and call a technician for servicing the device. Also, if you find any gas leakage from parts of the deep fat fryer, you must fix those as quickly as possible.
It is advised to decrease the food or water from contaminating the oil to ensure the taste of the food and the quality of the oil. While cooking, place the deep fryer basket distance from the tub to prevent food particles from dropping into the deep fryer oil.
Lastly, the longevity of a commercial induction deep fryer can be increased by using it at a somewhat lower fryer oil temperature and wrapping it when it is switched off at night or in breaks between long usage hours.
The excellence of your commercial deep fryer or any cooking device regularly will depend upon the necessary affectionate care provided by you. If these induction deep fryer cleaning steps are followed well after usage, your induction commercial fryer is likely to have a longer lifespan!
- Never overfill your commercial deep fryer with oil or food.
- Never move hot oil; You’d better allow the oil to cool completely before handling.
- Don’t mix Oil and water. Keep all stove parts dry before putting oil back in your commercial deep fryer.